Aug 23, 2006

The Cause and The End.

In Today
Out Tomorrow.
Its all childsplay
This Joy and sorrow.

Tears that are born at dawn
But, to die quietly at dusk
All These Songs so forlorn
Yet so trite in the crux.

From the turbulent womb of genesis
Sets out the meandering bohemian
Seeking the tender grave of Peace
Forever the hunter, the Orion.

Sweet Chirps of nascent white
Drowned by the din of Red
Bloody Victory and Gory Might
First love at death bed

Run along, my little one
Up and ready for doom
Red Roses and redder Guns
As the shadow of the future looms.

-The Lunatic Bard





Catching up with the newspapers after a hiatus, I decided to abstain from them altogether. The causes that people fight for and the aftermath, left me disillusioned with life. The bigger picture is often blurred by the unidimensional perspectives. I was inspired to write on this after reading this piece of extended reality .

7 comments:

EnGeetham aka "My Song!" said...

A really good one; in the end, all thats left over is futility!

SeePearrl said...

cute one!

catch 22 said...

I read 1984 book and Now I read this. Very well written but its sad cos its not far from truth.

~SuCh~ said...

@engeetham : some time even futility appears to have some significance... :-)
@white forest : Thank you, but i didnt intend it to be cute,though.. :-)
@catch :havent read 1984, looked it up , reminds me of ayn rand's Anthem.... An unusually short but brilliant piece of work from Rand... Read it?

EnGeetham aka "My Song!" said...

Oh yes, it helps writing poetry ! :) for eg:
http://hey-rambam-ling.blogspot.com/2006/06/dmz-transgressions.html
:(

catch 22 said...

@ Soliloquist - Yeah I did read Anthem, awesome read it was. 1984 is on the similar lines but more depressing. Read it worth a read.

~SuCh~ said...

@ engeetham :
good one... futility does help you to live on with a guilty conscience... chk this out if you REALLY have time in hand...
http://silenceofthesea.blogspot.com/2006/02/i-am-indian.html

@ catch: will try to lay my hands on it.. :-)